The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) today released a document for guidance on protective domain name system (PDNS) services to safeguard against cyberthreats. Selecting A Protective DNS Service details how protective DNS works, domain classification based on threat intelligence, PDNS best practices, and a provider analysis.
EfficientIP’s DNS Guardian is amongst the vendor solutions reviewed in the document. DNS Guardian was the only product from a DDI solutions vendor to check all boxes for capabilities outlined by the NSA and CISA, including:
- Blocks malware domains
- Blocks phishing domains
- Malware Domain Generation/ Algorithm (DGA) protection
- Leverages machine learning or other heuristics to augment threat feeds
- Content filtering
- Supports API access for SIEM integration or custom analytics
- Web interface dashboard
- Validates DNSSEC
- DoH/DoT capable
- Enables customizable policies by group, device, or network
- Deploys across hybrid architectures
For more information, please read the release from the NSA and CISA here.