Integrated DDI: Automating Network Management for Greater Productivity
Today’s network engineers use a plethora of tools to monitor and manage their networks and thousands of IP addresses. However, over the years, many networking teams have acquired too many of them with overlapping features. Managing these tools has become a burden both financially and operationally for organizations, and created more work for IT professionals.
This inefficient way of managing a network has become outdated and begs the question, how are even world class, networking teams meant to deliver world class performance if the tools they are given are holding them back? It’s time for change.
While many organizations decide to use several tools across all facets of their network, they are realizing that to improve productivity, while making their engineers more collaborative, there is only one solution: automation.
After taking a deep dive into how DDI can enhance business efficiency in our previous blog, in this final entry in our series, we look at how this approach empowers employees and drives ROI through increased productivity.
Network management – why productivity matters
Increases network uptime which helps drive business performance.
- Reduces the costs and time for configuration. The most basic everyday task.
- Enhances team work efficiency, regardless of who is doing the work.
- Improves efficiency by reducing the number of human errors associated with complex processes.
- Speeds up reporting.
How EfficientIP helps increase productivity
By implementing our user-friendly smart DDI solution, your organization drives better business performance, increasing productivity by 400% on average according to our latest ROI survey report. Here is why:
- Integration – The ability to define the same thing (e.g. a printer) on three different network services (DNS-DHCP-IPAM) and interact with only one user interface instead of three, provides better user experience. According to our survey, integrated DDI, saves our customers 96% of time when managing IP addresses.
- Feature-rich – Enhanced features such as pre-defined rules or templates, corporate policies definition or guidelines enforcement mean our customers can minimize mistakes and save 80% of time when configuring DNS and DHCP services and 75% of time when testing system patches or upgrades.
- Outsourcing – Integrated DDI’s granular role-based delegation and workflow enables nonexpert administrators or technical contacts to easily deploy DDI resources. Shifting basic networking tasks to staff outside the central IT teams means our customers can save costs, get the job done quicker and focus on other business priorities.
In today’s world, always-on network availability on the front and back ends of the business is critical for competitive advantage. Separate methods for managing all network services (DNS, DHCP and IPAM) are therefore not inefficient, costly and prone to human error.
Integrated DDI has become necessary in enabling a responsive network with high levels of reliability and availability of mission-critical applications while improving network teams’ productivity according to independent analyst IDC. Organizations should not see DDI as a “nice-to-have” solution anymore but a “must-have.”
Wonder how much time and how many resources your organization could save with an EfficientIP integrated DDI solution in the next three years? Answer our ROI quiz here to find out.