The new release of SOLIDserver 7.1 confirms EfficientIP’s innovation and growth in key digital transformation areas concerning enterprise network security, IP resource management and application traffic routing, for both on-premise and multi-cloud environments. The release brings exciting new and updated functionality in three main sectors:
1) Application Traffic Management
Maintaining accurate real-time visibility over deployed applications on a complex, multi-cloud, infrastructure and related IP resources is difficult. Ensuring the availability of these applications is an even greater challenge.
The most efficient way to ensure application availability across geographical regions often requires operating an autonomous system (AS) so that traffic for reaching the application can be transparently re-routed to a backup application server farm. However, such a solution comes at significant cost and doesn’t work for a cloud hosted workload. In that context, DNS failover and DNS GSLB becomes an interesting option, allowing the dynamic answering of DNS queries associated with an application, depending on its near real-time operational state, therefore permitting cross-region re-routing of all related traffic in case of failure.
DNS GSLB Highlights
- EfficientIP introduces application traffic management into its portfolio, with GSLB (Global Server Load Balancing) functionality for authoritative and recursive DNS servers
- World’s first edge GSLB offering – GSLB functionality built into recursive DNS servers, allowing app traffic routing decisions to be taken from the network edge
- DNS GSLB provides key benefits for user to app access including: improved user experience, ensured app availability, strengthened resiliency, simplified multi-region deployment and reduced capex/opex (DNS & GSLB functionality on same server)
- EffcientIP’s IPAM (IP Address Management) solution can be leveraged to provide unified management of apps and IP resources from the same console
- Centralized app repository offers cross-platform visibility of your applications inventory
2) Guardian Security Policies
In this release, DNS Guardian comes with a new configuration management interface allowing administrators to centrally manage DNS security policies on their networks. These policies will enforce behavioral threat detection settings and mitigation configuration over the entire network for a unified management of the security mechanisms that leverage and secure DNS components.
3) NetChange IPv6 Discovery
IPv6 deployment is accelerating worldwide and the need for visibility over deployed resources is growing. Meanwhile, many ISPs are looking at better integration of their OSS with network discovery tools for managing VRF(s). In order to support these efforts, EfficientIP NetChange has evolved to provide IPv6 discovery capabilities and extended L3 information retrieval, including VRF information regarding every discovered item on the network
Summary of New Functionality Added
|DNS Guardian Policies||NetChange|
|GSLB functionality built into DNS Servers, including recursive for edge GSLB||New graphical interface created for DNS Guardian||Discover IPv4 & IPv6 interfaces|
|Flexible & powerful GSLB algorithms||Central management of DNS Security policies across company network||Associate Interfaces with VRF & VLAN|
|Native geolocalization of users||Simultaneously apply policies across multiple DNS Guardian appliances||Discover IPv6 routes|
|Anycast resiliency||Thresholds can be prepared in advance||Automatic discovery of VRF|
|Application Repository||Simple rollback capability||Associate MAC addresses with VRF|
Discover the features of DNS GSLB
Get to know edge GSLB, with the world’s first DNS with smart robust GSLB functionality built into recursive servers.LEARN MORE