Hardening your DNS infrastructure
Securing your Internet visibility at a global scale is easily achieved using Public Cloud DNS Services. To avoid Public Cloud vendor lock-in you need a solution that will simplify and unify the management of your public DNS Zones while hardening security. EfficientIP DNS Cloud does just that and more.
DNS Servers deliver critical services to your organization but they are exposed to attacks from the Internet. In the IDC 2021 Global DNS Threat Report, 76% of respondents deem DNS Security critical for their organization and 49% claim using “DNS as a Service” from a service provider. This shows a real trend for DNS performance and security needs to complement the internal DNS infrastructure.
With DNS Cloud, EfficientIP offers a reliable and scalable solution for hardening your Internet DNS architecture combining both in-house and cloud-based DNS deployment within a single management console.
Why is protecting your in-house DNS not enough?
Securing your DNS against Zero-Day attack with Hybrid DNS from EfficientIP where you can switch to an alternate DNS engine by the time a patch is made available is one step in the right direction but won’t protect you in case the connectivity to your site hosting your in-house DNS Service becomes compromised. You might want to build your own cloud hosted DNS Service but what if you have a global network and need to cover the world to deliver both redundancy and performance? You can rely on service providers offering Cloud DNS services to benefit from their global coverage, the performance and flexibility of their infrastructure. The problem with such a setup is that you might want to have more than one service provider for redundancy purposes and you mainly will have to manage both your in-house and Cloud based DNS separately rendering the service delivery more complex and less efficient.
How can you reach 100% availability for DNS services?
To get the highest availability and security with best performance for your DNS infrastructure you should deploy a Hybrid Cloud DNS infrastructure. This means hosting your own DNS servers in-house while using DNS hosting services from global service providers such as AWS and Azure. And the way to unify the management of your in-house DNS servers and the Cloud ones for your public DNS zones is to use DNS Cloud from EfficientIP. Using the SOLIDserver intuitive web graphical interface you can add and manage all features of Amazon Route 53 and Azure DNS Zones as part of your overall DNS infrastructure. These Cloud DNS instances become part of your SmartArchitecture™ with for instance hidden-master (DNS Stealth) in-house DNS servers for increased security protection.
- Simple Management of Amazon and Azure Cloud DNS Zones from SOLIDserver™ Management Platform using the intuitive web GUI.
- Unified Management of both In-House DNS servers (Microsoft, Open source and SOLIDserver™ Appliances and Packages) and Cloud DNS servers (Amazon Route 53, Azure DNS Zones) with SOLIDserver’s SmartArchitectureTM
- DDoS Attack Protection with AWS & Azure Global Networks Scale and Performance benefiting of Anycast Resiliency and global coverage of AWS and Azure
- Zero-Day Exploits Mitigation with in-house and Cloud DNS Services Based on Different Technologies engines (Bind & NLnet Labs) and Different Cloud DNS providers
- One-click reversibility for cloud independence to overcome one of the major hurdles of cloud adoption – interoperability. A «one-click move to cloud» and «one-click reversibility» allows customers to test a workload in one platform and move it to another or bring it back on-premise, giving enterprises cloud independence and multi-cloud interoperability while avoiding Public Cloud DNS vendor lock-in.
- Flexible “Pay-as-you-Go” Pricing & Easily Reversible Services.
Going a step beyond Hybrid Cloud DNS…
On top of enabling fast, consistent deployment of DNS resources across all infrastructures with Hybrid Cloud DNS for Amazon Route 53 and Azure DNS Zones delivered with the DNS Cloud feature, SOLIDserver DDI, will also synchronize the related cloud IP infrastructure with IPAM Sync for AWS and Azure, ultimately improving time to market and customer experience, which are key differentiators for making your business succeed.
Learn More About DNS Cloud
Improve & secure your internet visibility, DNS Cloud unifies management of On-Prem and AWS Route 53 and Azure DNS Zones Cloud DNS ServicesGet Started